We can find Rats in every part of the world. Do you know that the rats can burn down your home? Rats are often caused fires at home, buildings and Warehouse by gnawing through plastic electrical junction boxes. Rodents also pose severe health risks as they live in unsanitary places and are known to carriers of serious diseases to humans from their droppings and incontinence.
So here are the few steps you can take to reduce a rodent problem:
- Seal all the cracks of your home as Rodents can easily squeeze through from small spaces, so look around door windows and any place anything enters the building like plumbing, electrical wires, phone, cable or gas pipes.
- Cut down the tree branches near the roof to prevent rodents to enter at home.
- Rodents like clutter as it is an undisturbed place to live and an ideal hiding place for them. So Seal the clutter places in your home like Basement, closets, Storage room and garage door.
- Keep all your food in air tight containers that rodents cannot easily access.
- Make your Home Rodent proof by not providing them a food source like:
- Use a trashcan with a lid and throughout the thrash frequently rather than letting it for a long time.
- Don't store boxes of food on the floor and kept everything on shelves or in a cabinet.
- The crumbs on your floors, countertop and will be wiped out daily as it attracts rodents.
- Clean all spills of juice and oatmeal on your floors don’t let them for long a time. Clean your kitchen regularly to remove traces of food.
- Don’t leave your pet food on the floor after they eat, keep the pet food in glass or plastic container with tight lid.
- Remove all Nuts and berries that have dropped from the trees in your yard. Gather these up and compost or discard them
- The firewood piles can be a safe place for rodents and other pests, so store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Some Substance is known to keep away Rodent like Mint plants, Sprinkle peppermint, Bay leaves and Mothballs.
The best way to prevent Rodents is to refuse them access to food, water and shelter in your home.
These tips will help you in keeping Rodents out of your home. Still, if a rodent does find its way into your home, do not panic! Call professional experts to handle it. Fumapest Termite & Pest Control services we will take care of your place and ensure that your home is Rodent free.